Happy happy new year! I also somehow turned 30 last week?! Literally INSANE – I still feel 17 LOL. I had the best time celebrating in my favorite town- Park City- skiing and eating all week. It was the best. In light of turning 30, I thought I should share what I learned in my 20’s. I finally feel so calm and at peace at this age but my 20’s was a definite RIDE and there’s SO many things I wish I had known during that chaotic decade. So I am going to share 20 Thing’s I Learned in My 20’s- from my 30 year old self 🙂
20’s Things I Learned in my 20’s:
1. WEAR SUNSCREEN – the best anti-aging product there is! Your older self will thank you!
2. Your job DOES NOT define you- if you hate your job, find a new one. Life is too short to be miserable every day
3. Spend time with you parents- time is precious!
4. Open a 401K or investment account ASAP! Let that money builddddd
5. Friend groups become smaller but remember quality > quantity
6. Don’t let other people’s judgement cloud your own- you know yourself better than they do
7. Go on dates! A bad date is one step closer to the best date of your life
8. TRAVEL!! Go to the places of your dreams with your friends (use that PTO!)
9; A concert on a Wednesday night? Happy hour on a Tuesday? Say YES to random moments- they’re worth it
10. Call your friends who live far away and remind them you love them
11. Traditions change as you get older- embrace it
12. Go to music festivals- eventually the idea of attending one sounds terrible LOL
13. Invest in quality fashion pieces, not trendy ones
14. Less screen time = more present moments. Ditch the screen when you’re with the ones you love! Your phone will always be there
15. Don’t try and be like everyone else- that’s boring. Embrace who you are and be apologetically YOU- you’ll attract the right people
16. New Years will always be overrated- save your money and stay home
17. Learn to cook! You’ll learn to save money on food and your HEALTH is WEALTH
18. Build healthy habits- they’ll go a long way
19. Don’t compare your life to someone else’s online- it’s a highlight reel and real life is much more fun than scrolling
20. Age is just a number- life is what you make of it 😉
I can’t wait to enjoy the decade with you ALL!!!